I apologize for the recent lapse in Characters in Costume Challenges on here. It's been fairly busy lately, but I think I'm finally settled enough into my new place and job, that I can start these up again.
The next challenge will take place on December 6th. Far enough out from the holidays so it shouldn't get in the way.
And we'll be focusing on Sidekick Characters.
Everybody loves a sidekick, right? Where would our protagonists be without that loyal friend who sticks beside them through thick and thin, always seem to know just what to say, and somehow maintains a grin in the face of danger. It's time to dig a little deeper into those sidekick characters and show us just who they really are through their costuming and characterization.
If you're interested in joining, leave a comment with your blog address and I'll be sure to add it to the list of participants. Please make sure you mark it on your calender and don't sign up if you aren't able to post on the day of the challenge.
Here are the guidelines for this month's challenge:
1. Choose your Sidekick character. Or if you're not a writer, or not currently writing a story, feel free to choose a character from one of your favorite books. (Because dressing up in costume is just so much fun!)
2. Find a costume that fits your Sidekick character, then take a picture of yourself in said costume (and in character -- i.e. if your character is prone to scowling, it's best not to smile).
3. Post the picture on your blog, facebook, or somewhere online where the other Challenge members can see it. For an example of a previous Challenge post click here.
4. Feel free to write a little bit about your character too, or if it's a character from someone else's book, tell us why you chose that character!
5. Then hop over here and post a comment on my "Characters in Costume" post, and I'll be sure to stop by and see your costume!
6. Don't forget to share the challenge with your writing/reading friends. The more people who participate the more fun it is!
Not sure what I'm talking about? Check out the Characters in Costume Challenge Page for more information and examples of previous challenges.